- HAVE FUN!
- RACERS MUST WEAR A HELMET
- Keep your number. It will be yours for the entire series.
- Only human-powered, non-motor assisted, traditional pedal bicycles will be scored in race classes. (No E-bikes, or any other assisted bike).
- Racers must start in their CLASS. (Mark Class on RIGHT calf)
- Racers must cross the finish line with their bike.
- NO headphones or earphones, MP3 players, etc. are to be used anytime you are on the course.
- Short cutting the race course WILL result in disqualification. If you leave the course, re-enter where you left.
- Racers must complete all laps for their category. Non-completion of all your laps will result in a DNF (Did Not Finish).
- Racers are permitted support. Racers may leave the course for repairs, but must return to exact location where they left.
- PedalFest reserves the right to refuse entry to venue or race entry to anyone, for any reason.
How To Get Scored
We’re timing with RFID chips on your number plate, Here’s what you need to know. Proper scoring is your responsibility.
You MUST do all of the following if you want to be scored.
- Register in the proper class – see the Class / Category list at registration.
- Your number plate attached to the FRONT of the bike – RIGHT SIDE UP, – on TOP and on the OUTSIDE of all cables and brake lines.
- Do not go through the finish line if you are not finishing!
- After you cross the finish line STAY IN ORDER in the finish chute until your number is recorded.
- SLOW DOWN after the finish – no passing in finish chute
- If you do not finish, start, or complete all your laps, DO NOT GO THROUGH THE FINISH CHUTE and you MUST sign DNF sheet (at the registration table).
- KEEP FINISH AREA CLEAR, AFTER YOU’VE BEEN SCORED, EXIT FINISH CHUTE.
- KEEP your number plate. It will be YOUR number plate for the entire season! If you lose your number plate you will need to purchase a new number plate ($5)
LAPS: You will be going under the lap timing arch each lap. This will give you lap times. On your last lap you will turn off and finish by going into the finish chute.
FINISH LINE: The finish line is at the lap timing arch! You may sprint to the line but SLOW DOWN upon entering the lap arch and finish chute.
FINISH: Go through the finish chute stay in order, this is your finish position so DO NOT PASS in the finish chute. We scan your chip to record your finish order as a backup.
CHIP TIMING: Yes, we use chip timing at PedalFest. Although very accurate, it is not fool-proof. We will still run a video and manual back-up system. For this reason, after you finish under the Lap/Finish timing arch You MUST STAY IN ORDER AFTER YOU CROSS UNDER THE TIMING ARCH AND CONTINUE INTO THE FINISH CHUTE.
RACER PROTESTS must be filed in writing with the race director, within 15 minutes of completing the race. This is a FUN race: disputes will be handled fairly with involved parties, ultimate decision will be by the Race Director.
SCORING AND POINTS
- All scores are FINAL. Racer will receive points in their Race Category.
- 1st = 50 points, 2nd = 49 points, 3rd = 48 points, etc.
- In the event of a tie, winner will be determined by: The most firsts, then seconds, then thirds, etc. If there is still a tie, winner will be decided by finishing position in the final race.
- If you change classes you will NOT be able to add your series points for both categories, and will only be scored in each category raced.
- CLASS SERIES CHAMPIONS and are determined by total cumulative points. 6 races scored of 8.
- We use numbers for series points. You will have the same number for the entire series. KEEP THIS NUMBER.
- Lost number plates are $5 and can only be issued by PedalFest (no home made number plates!)
- No number plate with chip, no score.
- Number plate must be properly installed – see the ABOVE for instructions on how to properly install your plate.
- Absolutely no crossing through the lap/finish arch area unless you are racing. (During practice, prior to the race is OK)
- NO bikes in or near the scoring/timing area or timing arch unless directed.
- Sportsmanship conduct: Foul riding, use of profane language towards other riders, and other unsportsmanlike behavior is prohibited. The penalty imposed is at the discretion of the race director.